Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Pope Francis' Amoris Laetitia

I still haven't read Amoris Laetitia, but I will - my summer is all set because of this book.

Many concerns, and just as many compliments from the media at large, have been expressed about Pope Francis because of this book. Obviously to the Catholic faithful who care about Church orthodoxy, the compliments are in and of themselves a justification for their concerns.

I long to read Amoris Laetitia to really find out whether the concerns are legit. But if my previous experiences of reading Pope Francis (Evangelii Gaudium and Misericordiae Vultus) are any indications, I think my summer reading probably will be a beneficial and enjoyable one. The 9-minute video below from Bishop Barron, whose remarkable ability to explain profound theological concepts using eloquent but understandable language that makes his audience feel right at home has won him many admirers the world over, gave me added assurance that this summer's reading project is something to look forward to.

Bishop Baron on Pope Francis' Amoris Laetitia

No comments:

Post a Comment